New technologies have revolutionized the entire world. Of coursse, this includes the way of doing business, the organization of work ecosystems and the way in which knowledge is generated, acquired and shared. For this reason, it is essential to keep in mind what business digital transformation consists of and what are the best ways in which a company can apply it to its business model.
It is important to highlight that the digitization of companies and their processes, although at first it may be intimidating due to the changes it proposes, is a key opportunity to boost the potential of a business and gain competitiveness in the market effectively.
What is the digital transformation of a business?
The first thing that generally comes to mind when digital transformation in a business is mentioned is the renewal of electronic equipment or the implementation of basic technological tools. However, it is not only about that.
In fact, a digital business model invites the integration of innovative technologies that are available in all areas of a company, with the purpose of improving internal processes, reducing costs for repetitive tasks that can be automated and thus offer customers competitive advantages. Basically, this type of strategy does not focus on the acquisition of tools, but on their effective use for the optimization of business processes . It is a cultural change, not a merely technological one.
Why should a company change its business model to digital?
The best way to encourage a business to bet on a new work model is by exposing the competitive advantages that this can bring to the company to promote its growth. Here are some benefits:
- Increase productivity: digital tools are a key ally to obtain better profit margins and successfully attract the target audience. This is generally due to the fact that digital processes allow you to evaluate and improve the operational processes of your business, automate tasks, collect and organize information effectively and generate greater profitability.
- Boost sales: when there are digital tools capable of analyzing large volumes of data related to the market of interest, it is much easier to focus human talent towards the creation of more coherent strategies focused on boosting a company’s sales. Therefore, when a better customer experience is provided, the reception in the market is much more favorable.
- Retain talent and boost performance: once repetitive tasks and unskilled processes are eliminated, a company can focus on strategically recruiting talent and integrate professionals into their work teams who are clearly focused on driving favorable results from the business.
- Increase competitiveness: a company capable of identifying the weak points in its business model through digital analysis, can focus its efforts on creating better strategies, solving deficiencies and potentiating the way in which it uses information. This, in addition to aligning a company with the true interests of the market, also allows for greater competitiveness.
- Understand your client : Your client has changed and has done so radically. Therefore, today he is more connected than ever, he is more mobile and social. He is an impatient customer who is not willing to wait, is more demanding and values the experience of the different interactions with the company more than the price at which he will end up buying the product. In addition, he is a user who wants to be understood and for you to anticipate his needs. Is your organization prepared to offer you that service? Do you have the tools to interact with him or her through the communication channel they choose?
Differences Between Traditional And Digitized Businesses
There are several differences between a traditional company and a digitized one. However, one of the most important is the way in which technological means are used.
In a traditional business, technology is used as a tool to perform basic business activities. However, when digital transformation is taken into account, companies make sure to collect all the information through digital channels, strengthen the ties that are created with customers, more effectively segment audiences, analyze the available data collected and dispose of them strategically to potentiate the results.
In addition, digitized businesses stand out for:
- Implement technology to minimize operational risks and human errors.
- Think globally to better understand the interests of customers and users.
- Launch products with a greater chance of success on the market.
we want to be your ally and provide you with the best digital transformation consulting services . For this reason, through our web channels you can access Digital Transformation, Business Process Mining, Software Asset Management (SAM) and Robotic Process Automation services, to transform the way you carry out your processes and optimize your company’s resources and the time of your employees.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings